Welcome to Tier III...

Tier III started as an online helpdesk, but has quickly become a blog for the most interesting technology news hitting the headlines... We still answer questions, but there has been so much in the news recently about hacking and smuggling wifi hotspots, we just had to take a look... Leave you comments and let us know what you think...
Also, join us on facebook... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_137236459684559&ap=1

Welcome to your new helpdesk, Tier III...

Legal- Tier III is not part of any hacking group/organization. We simply follow the latest in hacking news and sometimes ask for contributions from the hackers...



Friday, June 10, 2011

How to hack like Anonymous...

* Update- I have received some grief over the headline used for this post... FYI this is not intended to deceive or trick anyone, including Anonymous. I am just a tech looking for some info...

You probably came to this article looking for the how-to of hacking, truth is I'm really not about to teach you.... Hacking has been in the news recently on an almost daily basis and while there are ethical hackers, (ie. hackers that user their skills to test firewalls and security settings to help companies improve), a majority of hackers are not doing it to help. These hackers user various techniques including denial of service attacks that can shut down entire sites and brute force attacks to force their way through firewalls into a network. The reason I am not trying to teach or go into great detail is that if you don't know how to hack, unless you want to be an ethical hacker, you probably don't need to know.

Hacking has been taking headlines recently for breaking into everything from government systems to the Playstation network. While I'm sure some of these guys have reasons for what they do, I'm not really sure of one for hacking Playstation or Nintendo. I did another article recently where I actually applauded hackers in Britain who replaced an Al Quaida bomb recipe with cupcake recipes, which I feel was a great idea. All I'm saying is if you are going to start hacking do it for the right reasons... Ethical hacking will let you test your skills while getting paid to do what you do best. If you are hacking and it's not your career, well you're just asking to get arrested.. Police are starting to realize that hacking can be a major crime and are taking action against the hackers. I know that I mentioned the group Anonymous, that's because they have made recent headlines and had a couple of their guys arrested..

If you are a hacker, possibly one with the group Anonymous, I would be interested to hear your reasoning for hacking various networks... I try to keep tabs on the technology world and especially hacking news, but I'm sure I haven't heard about every system that has been hacked. Feel free to share your stories....

Tier III- the virtual helpdesk that keeps up with technology...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only Registered users can leave comments on posts..